On Wednesday February 2nd, T-Mobile customers will be able to get their hands on the new 7 inch tablet from Dell called, Dell Streak 7. It is being touted by the carrier as the first 4G tablet.
The cost of the tablet will be $199 (after a $50 mail-in rebate) when purchased with a 2-year contract. Should you want the tablet without a ball-and-chain contract, you can get it for a mere $449 with a prepaid broadband plan.
The Streak 7 is a step up from the previously released Streak 5, as far as true tablet form goes. It’s closest competitor would be the Galaxy Tab, which is priced about $100, as well as the iPad of course.
Here are the product specs from Dell.com:
* Android™ 2.2 (Froyo) with Over the Air Upgrade Capability
* nVidia Tegra T20 – Dual Core @ 1 GHz
* T-Mobile: HSPA + @ 2100/1900/AWS/850
* 7” WVGA 800×480 Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen with Corning Gorilla Glass
* Front: 1.3MP Fixed Focus
* Rear: 5MP Auto Focus with Flash
* H.263/H.264, 3GP, MPEG4, WMV
Audio and Speakers
* MP3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, MIDI, WAV
* Email, IM and Video Chat on all models
* SMS & MMS on 3G models only
* Full HTML WebKit browser, Adobe Flash 10.1 (Froyo)
* 16GB of Internal Storage with support for up to 32GB additional storage using the user accessible SD, MMC, SDHC memory card slot
* Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
* 199.9 x 119.8 x 12.4 mm
Advertised System Weight
* 450 g
* 2780 mAh
Read some recent reviews of the Dell Streak 7 at:
Need to secure your tablets? Check out our retail security systems.