Microsoft’s own Windows 8 Surface RT Tablet has received solid reviews from the likes of TechRadar, PCMag and Lifehacker. The software giant’s media campaign “Movement” features the iconic Touch Cover keyboard and rear kickstand in a visually explosive choreographed dance. These two features are aimed at setting the tablet apart from the rest. Some more unique features of the Surface RT Tablet include:
• 9.4mm thick (same as the iPad 4)
• Magnesium ‘VaporMg’ coating
• 5-point multi-touch 10.6-inch 1366×768 IPS screen 16:9 aspect ratio makes TV and movies look great
• Rear kickstand made of metal and props the tablet at 22 degrees
• Touch Cover and Type Cover options available to convert to full size keyboard
• Full-size USB port, microSDXC card slot, and HD video out port
• Approximately 7 ½ hour battery life (2 hours more than the iPad 3)
• Two 720p HD LifeCams, front- and rear- facing
Overall the Surface RT Tablet is a great step toward a genuine laptop/tablet hybrid experience. Perhaps that’s what Microsoft has in mind for the future of the Windows 8 operating system. What do you think? Is it too late for the software giant to increase their OS-distribution compared to iOS and Android?
Regardless of which tablet and operating system you choose, Vanguard can help you power and protect it. We have everything from stand-alone merchandising solutions to secondary security brackets. Interested in hearing more about what VPG can do for you? Contact us today to speak to a VPG representative.