As part of the VPG’s Adhesive Series, our goal is to help you secure your devices with some of today’s best solutions. We want to provide you with Adhesive Solution #1: Primer Stick!
Primer sticks are coating agents that increase the overall adhesion of the area applied.
You can use the primer stick to give a more durable bond between the surface and the sensor adhesive.
Do not worry about it leaving anything permanent on the phone either…you will have no marks or residue left on the device if the primer is applied.
Using the primer stick is super easy!
You can apply it to a glass back phone in 5 easy steps!
- Clean the glass surface thoroughly with an alcohol pad, then wipe dry with a paper towel.
- Follow the directions on the primer stick to squeeze the tube and release the primer.
- Add the primer to the area where the sensor will get placed. Then allow the primer to dry for at least 3 minutes.
- Remove the adhesive liner from the sensor.
- Attach the sensor to the area and apply firm pressure for at least 30 seconds.
That is it!
Once you install the rest of the adhesive security, you will notice that the bond between the phone and security device is much stronger.
This also applies to the longevity of the adhesive, which will last much longer than before.
Have you check out our blog post for VPG’s Quick Tips for Applying Adhesive Bonds yet?
If not, click here to read it now!